Integrative and Functional Registered Dietitian Nutrition (RDN), Certified Nutritionist (CN) or Certified Nutritionist/Licensed Mental Health Counselor (Associate) (CN/LMHC(A))
Starkel Nutrition, a functional medicine oriented nutrition and mental health counseling clinic located in the University District of Seattle, WA, is looking for a reliable, flexible, and compassionate Registered DietitianNutritionist or Certified Nutritionist to counsel clients. Having an LMHC(A) is a bonus. Our clinic consists of five nutritionists who value a warm, compassionate, and friendly environment. We are located in a wonderful, supportive building dedicated to health practitioners and other small businesses. We enjoy working together and each other’s company.
We are interested in someone who is willing and eager to counsel clients, network in the community, and continue to learn and evolve their nutrition knowledge and counseling skills.
Enjoy a thriving practice within a well-established and well-known (11 yrs) clinic with excellent connections in the medical community. Your responsibilities include excellent client care and follow up, charting using our electronic charting system, coordinating care with other healthcare practitioners and participating in clinic administrative, marketing and practice-building efforts.
Seeking One or More of the Following Specialty Focus Areas:
• Metabolic issues
• Mindful eating and healthy weight loss
• Eating disorders/disordered eating
• Children’s health
• Maternal and women’s health
• Functional Medicine nutrition
• Autoimmune health
• GI health
There are opportunities for those who are interested in leading classes, giving talks, managing groups, etc.
• Counsel clients and guide them through their journeys
• Daily electronic chart note writing
• Attend and participate in weekly staff meetings
• Prepare monthly supplement reviews for team
• Write a monthly blog for our electronic content
• Continue and create relationships with referring practitioners
• Possibly start an online or live support group (depending on your area)
• Help out with team as needed
• Attend continuing education events/online to increase nutrition knowledge
• Master’s degree or bachelor’s with experience
• Credentialed RDN or CN
• Additional education in counseling (please outline)
• Continuing education in nutrition in a specialty
• History of working with people and enjoying it
• Proven counseling skills in difficult situations (please describe this in your letter)
• Excellent communication and time management skills
• Mature, poised, empathetic, and optimistic
• Excellent organizational skills
• Excellent references
• Starting ASAP
Compensation is commission-based (a percentage of intake) once payment from client/insurance is received. Our nutritionists are very well-paid. Paid holidays, vacation and medical, vision and dental insurance.
• Modest vacation/sick pay
• Federal holidays paid
• Health, vision, dental insurance after 2 months with company
Please indicate why you are passionate about this work, and why you would be a good fit for our team. Please be specific about your strengths and weaknesses, past experiences, and future goals. We look forward to hearing from you!
Interviews will begin immediately.