All the clients, none of the administration! Starkel Nutrition, located in the University District of Seattle, WA, is looking for a reliable, flexible, and compassionate RDN or CN to counsel clients. We are a small clinic with eight nutritionists/ counselor and value a warm, compassionate, friendly environment. We are located in a wonderful, sunny, windowed suite (with a great view of the U District) on a floor dedicated to small health practitioners and other small businesses. We enjoy working together and each other’s company.
Starkel Nutrition, a functional medicine-oriented nutrition and mental health counseling clinic located in Seattle, WA, is looking for a reliable, flexible, and compassionate RDN or CN to counsel clients. Our clinic has nutritionists who value a warm, compassionate, and friendly environment. We are located in a wonderful, supportive building dedicated to health practitioners and other small businesses. We enjoy working together and enjoy each other’s company.
We are interested in someone who is enthusiastic about functional medicine and nutrition, eager to counsel clients, network in the community, continue learning and evolving their nutrition knowledge and counseling skills. This is an ideal position for someone who is proactive, excited to work hard and is ready to build up their full time practice in a supportive, encouraging environment.
Enjoy a thriving practice within a well-established and well-known (12 years) clinic with excellent connections in the medical community. Your responsibilities include excellent client care and follow up, charting using our electronic charting system, coordinating care with other healthcare practitioners and participating in clinic administrative, marketing and practice-building efforts.
We are looking for one or more of these specialty areas of focus:
– Autoimmune health
– GI health
– Metabolic issues
– Mindful eating and healthy weight loss
– Children’s health
– Maternal and women’s health
– Functional Medicine nutrition
There are opportunities for those who are interested in leading classes, giving talks, managing groups, etc. as well.
– Counsel clients and guide them through their journeys, both in person and online via telehealth appointments
– Educate clients on supplements and recommend as needed
– Daily electronic chart note writing
– Proactively maintain your schedule, seeing 22 client per week on average
– Attend and participate in weekly staff meetings (currently Thursdays 11:30am-1pm)
– Prepare monthly supplement reviews for team
– Write a monthly blog for our electronic content
– Continue to create relationships with referring practitioners, network to build up your practice
– Possibilities to increase income with an online or live support group (depending on your area of practice)
– Help out with team as needed
– Attend continuing education events/online to increase nutrition knowledge
– Master’s degree
– Credentialed RDN or CN
– Credentialed with insurance companies such as Regence, Premera, Cigna, etc. (desired but not required)
– Minimum 3 years experience in nutrition
– Education and experience in functional medicine nutrition (please outline)
– Additional education in counseling (please outline)
– Continuing education in a nutrition specialty
– History of working with people and enjoying it
– Proven counseling skills in difficult situations (please describe this in your letter)
– Knowledge and use of nutritional supplements in medical nutrition therapy
– Excellent communication and time management skills
– Warm, mature, poised, empathetic, and optimistic
– Enthusiastic and excited to learn the functioning of our clinic
– Excellent organizational skills
– Entrepreneurial mindset is a plus
– Familiarity and comfort with technology, including but not limited to Google Drive, Dropbox, Charm EHR, etc.
– Excellent references
– Starting ASAP
Compensation is very competitive, commission-based, a percentage of intake, once payment from client/insurance is received. Our nutritionists are very well-paid.
– Modest vacation/sick pay
– Eight federal holidays paid
– Health, vision, dental insurance after achieving full-time (22 clients/week) or 2 months with company, whichever comes first
Interested individuals should look over our website (www.starkelnutrition.com) and submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Interviews will begin immediately.
Please indicate why you are passionate about this work, and why you would be a good fit for our team. Please be specific about your strengths and weaknesses, past experiences, and future goals. We look forward to hearing from you!