Our small, but growing, nutrition/mental health clinic is seeking to fill a full-time position that moves effortlessly between the two realms of the clinic: administrative coordination and clinic coordination. Please join our great team with your warm customer service, excellent administrative and project coordination skills, managerial experience, can-do attitude and tech-savvy background.
The Clinic Coordinator is the ‘right hand’ to the clinic owner, with whom you will work closely in the administration, direction and management of the clinic. You are the ‘face’ and ‘voice’ of our business and must possess excellent customer service skills for interactions with our clients and the office personnel. The ideal candidate would be someone who takes ownership of the position, has a small business mentality and understanding, and is responsible for the success of the clinic, as we all are.
You would be a fast learner and fast worker in our fast paced office, enjoy a wide range of activities, and have a background in an office setting. You need to be comfortable with frequent distraction, switching rapidly between various tasks and handling a large volume of client and practitioner requests.
This position is full-time, Monday through Friday. Our clinic is open anywhere from 8 am to 6 pm, depending on appointments, so some flexibility is needed. Most hours will generally fall within that time frame.
This position is best suited for a person with an eye on growth – there is possibility of advancement within the clinic, with growing responsibilities and movement in the position or advancement to clinic management.
*Please note that due to COVID-19, our clinic is currently conducting most appointments via telehealth at this time. However, the administration does go into the office a few times/week with the rest of the time remote. This will eventually evolve to full/most time in the office.*
The ideal candidate will work approximately half the week as the clinic coordinator, managing other administrative personnel and the clinic, and the other half managing the front desk coordination. Therefore, position responsibilities are in two major categories below, and include but are not limited to the following:
- Manage and ensure smooth daily operations of the clinic
- Receive clients with a warm welcome (you are the face of our clinic!) and customer service oriented, helpful attitude.
- Client management, scheduling, and communication with clients, staff, vendors, etc.
- Manage your own schedule to maximize efficiency and appropriate tasks as needed.
- Schedule appointments for clients and our nutritionists/licensed mental health counselors (in-person, by phone, by EHR messages or email).
- Answer the phone and promptly respond to email inquiries made by current and potential new clients.
- Follow-up and excellent task management is a must in this position. Ability to self-organize well and track tasks from start to completion is key.
- Process client paperwork, which includes sending requests to medical doctors and uploading labs and documents to clients’ charts.
- Collect co-pays, cash payments and light billing management, including coordinating with our medical biller and bookkeeping service to keep abreast of clients’ billing status.
- Invoice for visits and supplements purchases, and receiving payments from clients (in person or by phone)
- Scanning, printing and mailing correspondence
- Placing drop-ship orders for supplements for clients online. Mailing supplements orders from our office directly to clients.
- Be excellent at troubleshooting and problem-solving. Manage self-education and be curious about learning how to do something you don’t know how to do.
- Tidy the office daily/weekly (replenish refreshments, watering plants, and other light cleaning tasks. Weekly dusting, vacuuming)
- Manage maintenance of provider credentialing
- Inventory management (supplements and office supplies)
- Work with clinic owner on various projects such as marketing, provider hiring, credentialing
- Manage, educate self, train providers and other admin on all software used in clinic
- Manage program marketing, follow up and registration
- Light bookkeeping and Accounts Receivable duties
- Must be proficient in bookkeeping using Quickbooks Online (QBO)
- Manage accounts receivable through EHR and QBO
- Reconcile credit card receipts
- Manage and reconcile purchases for office
- Manage relationship with outside biller
- Marketing duties split with other administrative team members and will include some of the following:
- Manage all social network updates
- Manage website
- Manage recipe database
- Market nutritionists and clinic in general
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.
- Must have a professional and warm demeanor.
- Proficient/highly skilled with and truly interested in office technology, organization, task and project management in order to lead our office in excellent customer service, timeliness, responsiveness, scheduling, electronic health records, etc.
- Must be able to effectively manage people, both direct reports and those who do not report to you
- Able to think ahead, create better and more efficient systems. Strong ability to organize and execute office procedures and processes.
- Quick learner and work at a fast speed.
- Highly organized with great attention to detail.
- Able to switch between tasks rapidly without getting sidelined and able to be frequently distracted.
- Must be a great communicator: able to ask for help when needed, delegate tasks, etc.
- Organize, prioritize and appropriately handle time-sensitive, confidential information and ensure action required is addressed in a timely manner.
- Is a self-starter, self-director, while working cooperatively with others. We are looking for a great team player!
- Possess exceptional customer service skills, including excellent grammar and writing skills for correspondence.
- Is positive and energetic.
- Must be proficient in the MS Office suite of programs (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), Google Suite, DropBox.
- Must be proficient in or quickly able to learn our electronic health record system, ChArm
- Health, vision and dental insurance.
- Vacation/sick days.
We are a friendly bunch! We enjoy what we do and each other’s company.
If you feel you’d be a good candidate to join our team, please reply to email@example.com with your RESUME and a COVER LETTER explaining:
- why you are interested in this position
- what draws you to nutrition and mental health management and Starkel Nutrition in particular
- how your background and experience can be applied to this position
- what is your expected salary range
Applications without a cover letter will not be considered. A resume and a cover letter must be both attached as documents to be considered for this position.
Equal opportunity employer.
We look forward to hearing from you!