- 4 nectarines
- 4 peaches
- 4 apricots
- 2 pears
- 1 vanilla bean , halved
- 4 cinnamon , quills
- 4 star anise
- 3 tablespoons brandy , (optional)
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar , or maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 365 degrees F.
- Begin by halving or quartering the fruit and removing the stones and cores. Place the fruit on a baking tray.
- Splash the brandy and generously sprinkle the brown sugar over the top. Scatter the vanilla pod, cinnamon quills, and star anise amongst the fruit.
- Bake in the oven for about 15 minutes, then remove the tray from the oven and gently baste the fruit with the brandy syrup. Place the tray back in the oven and continue to bake for another 15 minutes.
- When the fruit is cooked, it should be soft and tender but not mashable- it should be able to hold its shape. Place the fruit on a large plate and gently spoon the brandy syrup over the top. Add the vanilla pod, cinnamon and star anise for an extra presentation element.
- Optional: Without the brandy, you could use water and serve this dish as a breakfast, chilled from the fridge.