|Prep Time||1/2-4 hours|
|Cook Time||20 minutes|
- 1 pound tofu extra or super firm, pressed to remove excess liquid, then cut into 1" cubes
- 1/4 cup tamari
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinaigrette or apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2-3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon parsley dried
- 1 teaspoon oregano dried
- 1 teaspoon thyme dried
- sea salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- 4-5 small zucchini cut into thick rounds
- 1 large red onion cut into chunks
- 1 large red bell pepper cut into chunks (or green bell pepper)
- Wood or metal skewers
- Prep tofu as indicated. In a large glass bowl, add tamari, vinegar, garlic, paprika, parsley, oregano, thyme, salt, and pepper, mix well. Add tofu pieces and stir to combine. Set aside or cover tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes or up to 4 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F and place the oven rack in the top position. Lightly grease a baking sheet and set aside.
- Prep all vegetables as indicated, set aside. Remove the tofu from the refrigerator. Thread 1 tofu cube onto a skewer, followed by a zucchini, onion, and bell pepper. Continue threading alternating ingredients onto the skewer until the skewer is full.
- Place the filled skewers on the baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven, with oven mitt or tongs, turn skewers over and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven. With an oven mitt or tongs, hold one end of the skewer. In the other hand, with a fork, push the tofu and vegetables from the skewer onto a plate. Repeat with the remaining skewers, and serve hot.