- 1 8-ounce tempeh
- barbecue sauce such as primal kitchen BBQ sauce or tessemae's BBQ sauce, enough for marinade
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 large onion sliced thin
- 1 large green pepper sliced thin
- 1 large red pepper sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Cut tempeh into strips, one inch wide by two inches long. Put in bowl and cover with barbecue sauce. Marinade for about 30 minutes at room temperature. Preheat oven 350°F.
- Meanwhile, sauté the garlic, onion and peppers in olive oil until soft and golden. Set aside. Drain excess barbecue sauce from tempeh, reserving for use later, if desired.
- Gently toss tempeh and sautéed garlic, onions and peppers. Put mixture in casserole or baking pan and bake uncovered at 350° F for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally, adding reserved barbecue sauce if it needs moistening.