- 3 pounds skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons butter or olive oil
- 1 cup mushrooms halved
- 1 16 oz. artichoke hearts approx 1 jar, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 cup dry white wine (or squeeze 1/2 lemon)
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- salt and pepper , just before serving
- Coat the chicken with the paprika.
- Melt the 2 tablespoons of the butter in a heavy-bottomed pan over medium heat. Brown the chicken in batches on all sides, about 5 minutes a batch, and transfer to the slow cooker.
- Melt the remaining butter in the pan and sauté the mushrooms and the artichokes for 5-8 minutes, until the mushrooms are slightly browned, then transfer the mixture to the slow cooker.
- Combine the thyme, wine, and broth in a bowl, then pour over the chicken in the slow cooker and cook on low for 6 hours.
- Salt and pepper to taste, then serve. Put fine Celtic Sea Salt and a pepper grinder on the table for an added touch.