For BBQ Glaze:
- 2/3 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar , packed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion , minced
- 3 cloves garlic , minced
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper freshly ground
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup BBQ glaze (see recipe above)
- 2 pounds ground turkey
- 3/4 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- fresh parsley , chopped (optional, for garnish)
For BBQ Glaze:
- Set oven rack to middle position and preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Make BBQ glaze by combining ketchup, light brown sugar, cider vinegar and Dijon mustard. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in medium sauté pan and cook onions over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until soft, about 6-8 minutes. Add garlic and cook 1-2 minutes more. Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine paprika, thyme, salt, pepper, Worcestershire, Dijon mustard, eggs and ¼ cup of BBQ glaze, mix well. Add onion mixture and stir to combine. Finally, add ground turkey and breadcrumbs and mix with your hands until well combined.
- Transfer the meat mixture into two even piles on prepared baking sheet. Shape into two long loaves (about 1½ inches high x 4 inches wide). Spread remaining BBQ glaze over loaves, letting it drip down the sides a bit (you may have a little extra), then bake for 40-45 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 165° F. Slice and garnish with parsley if desired.