- 3/4 cup roasted almonds , roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup roasted almonds , whole
- 16 ounces dark chocolate , divided
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon , (optional)
- 1/4 tsp chipotle chili powder , (optional)
- 1/3 cup dried tart cherries , or blueberries (optional)
- 1 tsp coarse sea salt
- Line a large flat baking sheet with parchment paper, waxed paper, or a silicone liner. Set aside.
- Prepare double-broiler: Fill a medium saucepan with about 1 inch water; bring to a simmer over medium-low heat. Set a large heatproof bowl atop saucepan, making sure water doesn't touch bottom of bowl.
- Place about 14 ounces dark chocolate in bowl; cook, stirring, until smooth. Remove bowl from saucepan; add another 2 ounces dark chocolate and stir until smooth. Stir in spices (optional).
- Stir in ¾ cup chopped almonds and dried berries (optional). Spread candy on a lined baking sheet. Sprinkle ¼ cup whole almonds and coarse sea salt on top of chocolate.
- Refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour. May also leave on counter in a cool dry spot overnight.
- Break bark into pieces and store between layers of parchment or waxed paper in an air-tight container.