- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons dried dill or 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- 4 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- Pinch of brown sugar optional
- 2 seasonal crunchy tart apples such as Gala, Pink Lady or Braeburn
- 1 ripe pear such as Anjou or Bartlett
- 1 English cucumber
- 1 small or 1/2 medium sweet onion
- Mix together the mustard, dill, vinegar, sugar (optional) and olive oil. Set aside
- Core apples and pears. Slice very thinly, leaving skin on for color and flavor.
- Slice cucumber into thin rounds and slice onion.
- Toss apples, pears, cucumber and onion with dressing. Taste and adjust seasoning before serving.
Recipe from http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/recipes/500, retrieved April 2011.