|Prep Time||20 minutes|
|Cook Time||30 minutes|
- 1 pound beets , peeled and diced
- 1/2 pound potato Yukon Gold, scrubbed and diced
- black pepper , freshly ground
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion , diced
- 2 tablespoons parsley fresh, chopped
- 4 large eggs
- In a skillet or large sauté pan, cover beets and potatoes with water and bring to a boil.
- Season with salt; cook until tender, about 7 minutes.
- Drain and wipe out pan.
- In the same pan, heat oil over medium-high.
- Add drained beets and potatoes; cook until potatoes are golden, about 4 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium and add onion; sauté, stirring, until tender, about 4 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper, and stir in parsley.
- Make 4 wide wells in the hash.
- Crack 1 egg into each, and season with salt.
- Cook until whites are set but the yolks are still runny, about 5-6 minutes. OR use a different protein entirely, like ham, salmon, steak.