|Prep Time||15 minutes|
- 1 large bunch study dark greens (kale, chard, collard, or mustard greens)
- 1/2 onion cut in cresents
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 tablespoon coconut aminos
- 1/2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar or lemon juice
- Wash greens thoroughly, remove leaves, and discard stems (if using chard, save stems to be chopped and cooked). Coarsely chop greens. Prep onion as indicated.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add oil and allow to heat. Add onion (and chard stems if using), and saute until onions are translucent and begin to caramelize.
- Add greens and toss to coat with oil. Add water, coconut aminos, and apple cider vinegar and saute until greens turn brilliant green and wilt down.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately.
Adapted from Feeding the Whole Family (3rd ed.) by Cynthia Lair (Sasquatch Books, 2008).