|Prep Time||5 minutes|
|Cook Time||25 minutes|
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1-2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 head cauliflower chopped into florets
- 4-6 carrots chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin ground
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander ground
- bone broth or water
- Nori or dulse sprinkles, optional
- sea salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- In a soup pot over medium heat, saute the garlic and onions with a pinch of sea salt in olive oil for 3-4 minutes until the onions are translucent. Add the cauliflower, carrots, and spices and saute for an additional 2-3 minutes. Add enough broth or water to cover the vegetables. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce the heat and simmer until the vegetables are soft.
- Puree the soup in a blender or directly in the pot with an immersion blender.
- Season with additional sea salt and black pepper to taste. Garnish with nori or dulse sprinkles.
Variation: for a spicier soup, add 1 teaspoon chili powder, 1/4 teaspoon turmeric, and 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper.
From The Nourishing Cleanse Workbook by Hale Sofia Schatz. Copyright 2008.