|Prep Time||5 minutes|
|Passive Time||30 minutes|
- 1/2 cup liquid , almond milk, coconut milk or coconut water
- 1/2 cup strawberries , fresh or frozen
- 1 teaspoon sweetener , maple syrup, honey, agave, or stevia to taste
- 2 heaping tablespoons chia seeds
- Handfull nuts* , almonds, walnuts, pumpkin seeds, etc. (chopped)
- cinnamon , optional
- In a small blender, blend the milk, strawberries, and sweetener until smooth.
- Place chia seeds in a small bowl or cup, pour strawberry milk over chia seeds, stir and mix well to combine.
- Cover and place in refrigerator until seeds have soaked up the liquid, about 30 minutes to a few hours. Stir in mixed nuts and seeds. Sprinkle with cinnamon if desired.
Tip: this recipe can be made the night before or in the morning for an afternoon snack.
Copyright 2010, A. Angarano, Original recipe.