- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced (1 CHO)
- 100 grams leeks thinly sliced (0.5 CHO)
- 25 grams ginger grated (0.5 CHO)
- 150 grams carrots sliced (6 CHO)
- 1 cube chicken stock (2 CHO)
- 1 1/2 cups water
- Celtic sea salt & pepper to taste
- 60 grams pre-cooked chicken sliced or shredded
- 1/4 slice lemon or lime squeeze
- Heat sauce pan on stove over medium heat. Add oil and saute garlic, leeks, and ginger until just soft and fragrant, about 5 minutes.
- Add carrots, water, and stock cube and bring to a simmer. Cook until the carrots are just tender and add chicken.
- Season to taste with Celtic salt and pepper. Bring back to a simmer to heat chicken through, about 3 minutes. Pour soup into a bowl and finish with a squeeze of lemon or lime juice.
Notes: Cooking for the family? Use the same ingredients in a larger soup pot. Your favorite noodles or brown rice can easily be added to the chicken soup for everyone else to enjoy.
Carbohydrates: 10 grams
Protein: 1 serving