- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red onion medium, chopped
- 4 green onions chopped
- 2 cups spinach fresh, raw, organic
- 1 stalk celery chopped
- 1 zucchini organic, chopped
- 1/4 cup parsley
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic whole, roasted or chopped raw garlic for quicker preparation
- 1/2 cup cashews raw may substitute almonds
- lemon juice, to taste
- sea salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- Place the garlic bulb in the oven at 400 degrees F for about 30 minutes until soft and roasted.
- Heat a saucepan over medium heat, add olive oil, and saute onions and scallions with a pinch of Celtic sea salt to bring out the sweetness until translucent.
- Add in spinach, celery, zucchini, and parsley and cook or about 5 minutes.
- Add in stock, salt, and squeeze in roasted garlic pulp and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for about 20 minute until the veggies are cooked through.
- All to cool slightly and then puree half of the soup in a blender with the cashews until creamy. Return soup to the stove to warm and serve.
- Garnish with fresh lemon juice, salt and pepper, and chopped parsley (optional).
Recipe adapted from http://balancedplatter.com/six-tips-to-make-delicious-healthy-soups-and-a-20-minute-vegan-cream-of-spinach-soup/, retrieved Feb 2012.