- coconut oil for greasing baking sheet
- 2 tablespoons tapioca , or arrowroot flour
- 1/2 cup rice milk
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/2 cup rice syrup , or agave nectar, maple syrup, or date syrup
- 3 cups shredded coconut
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F and lightly grease a cookie sheet with coconut oil.
- Combine the tapioca flour and rice milk in a small saucepan and mix thoroughly. Add the coconut oil and rice syrup. Heat up these ingredients, stirring constantly, until well combined and thickened into a sauce. Add the vanilla extract.
- Place the shredded coconut in a large bowl and add the liquid mixture. Mix well.
- Spoon out the mixture by dollops onto the cookie sheet and form them into round mounds with your fingers.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until the tips are slightly brown.
Recipe adapted from http://www.mynewroots.org/site/2010/12/solstice-sweets-and-a-holiday-menu-2/, retrieved Sept 2013.