|Prep Time||5 minutes|
|Cook Time||15 minutes|
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion diced
- 2 celery ribs diced
- 1/4 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup dried unsweetened mixed fruit
- 2 cups long grain wild rice cooked
- 1/2 cup walnuts or pecans chopped, toasted
- 1/4 cup flat leaf parsley roughly chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and celery, and saute 5 minutes until tender.
- Add broth and fruit, bring to a boil. Cover; reduce heat, and cook another 5 minutes, until fruit is softened.
- Add the rice to the skillet. Cook, stirring often for 4 minutes, until rice is heated through. Stir in walnuts, parsley, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot.
Recipe adapted from http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/fruit-nut-rice-pilaf-10000001923366/, retrieved 3/4/12.