- 1 pound fresh green beans thin beans preferred, but any type will work
- 6 shallots peeled, and cut into thin slivers
- 5 large garlic cloves peeled and cut into thin slices
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt or less
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup flat leaf parsley very finely chopped
- 1/4 cup almonds chopped or sliced
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. (If you're cooking other things in the oven you can use a slightly lower temperature, just increase the time a little.)
- Trim ends from green beans. If using thin, long beans, cut in half crosswise into pieces about 2 inches long. Peel and cut shallots and garlic, then place with beans in a large bowl. Add olive oil, salt, and pepper, and use a wooden spoon to toss until everything is well coated with oil.
- Spray roasting pan with nonstick spray or mist with olive oil, then arrange the vegetables in a single layer. Roast 12-15 minutes for thin beans, or slightly longer for regular beans, until beans are slightly shriveled and shallots and garlic are lightly browned.
- While beans cook, toss together chopped parsley, chopped almonds and lemon zest. When beans are done, toss hot beans with parsley/lemon/almond mixture and serve immediately.
Recipe from http://www.kalynskitchen.com/2007/11/garlic-roasted-green-beans-recipe-with.html, retrieved Feb 2012.