- 4 inches ginger sliced
- 4 mushroom sliced
- 1 zucchini small sliced
- 1 carrots sliced
- 1 cup snap peas
- 1 cup broccoli
- Juice and zest of lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon Coarse salt
- black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sesame seed oil toasted
- 2 teaspoons parsley chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Lay the ginger evenly over the bottom of a steamer basket. Top with layers of the snap peas, zucchini, carrot, bell pepper and mushrooms. Sprinkle with the lemon zest.
- Place the salt, sesame seeds, and parsley in a resealable plastic bag and lightly smash the seasonings with the back of a knife until coarse or crush with a mortar and pestle; set aside.
- Fill the steamer base with about 2 inches of cold water and add the lemon juice. Bring to a simmer, place the steamer basket on top and cover. Steam the vegetables until fork-tender; about 4 minutes.
- Transfer the steamed vegetables to a serving platter, sprinkle with the seasoned salt and drizzle with olive oil.
Recipe from http://www.food.com/recipe/ginger-and-lemon-steamed-vegetables-192785, retrieved May 2012.