Metabolic Reset: Carbohydrates- 10 grams, Protein- 1 portion. The contrasting flavors in this bright, tasty salad are sure to make it a recipe you continue to reuse. Scale the recipe to enjoy over 2 days or to share with friends and family. This one's a crowd pleaser!
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 clove garlic finely chopped (0.5 CHO)
- 2 teaspoons oregano leaves finely chopped
- Dash of salt
- Dash of pepper
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 80 grams raw shrimp shelled and deveined (1 CHO, 1 PRO)
- 50 grams green beans trimmer (4 CHO)
- 60 grams cherry tomatoes halved or quartered (3.5 CHO)
- 20 grams Greek olives pitted & finely chopped (1 CHO)
- Prepare the vinaigrette in a small bowl by whisking together the vinegar, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper. While continuing to whisk, add the olive oil.
- Place half of this mixture into a bowl, add the shrimp and toss. Cover and place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Fill a medium sized pot with water and set on the stove to boil. Once the water is boiling, add the green beans and allow to cook for 2-3 minutes, until bright green. Immediately place in a colander under cool running water until completely cooled. Turn out on to a clean dish-towel or paper towel and pat dry.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the remaining vinaigrette, green beans, cherry tomatoes and olives.
- Heat a small nonstick frying pan on the stove over medium heat. Add 1/2 teaspoon olive oil and let warm up for a few minutes before adding the shrimp to the pan. Saute until pink and opaque, approximately 3-5 minutes. Drain any liquid that may be in the pan.
- Add the shrimp to the vegetable/vinaigrette mixture, toss and serve.
Adapted by Starkel Nutrition from The Master Your Metabolism Cookbook by Jillian Michaels (Empowered Media, 2010).