- 1 pound green lentils
- 2 scallions greens only, chopped
- 1 cup seedless green grapes halved
- 1 cup seedless red grapes halved
- 1 cucumber peeled, seeded and diced
- 1 orange bell pepper seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup hazelnuts skinned and toasted, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup macadamia nuts coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest from about 2 lemons
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice from 1 to 2 lemons
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
For the Salad
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat.
- Add the lentils and cook until tender, stirring occasionally, about 18-20 minutes. Drain and let cool for 5 minutes. Season with salt to taste.
- Place lentils and remaining salad ingredients in a large salad bowl.
For the Vinaigrette
- Place the lemon juice in a small bowl.
- Slowly add the oil, whisking constantly, until combined.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the vinaigrette over the salad and toss well.