|Prep Time||5 minutes|
|Cook Time||5 minutes|
- 1 large avocado
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 2 teaspoons mustard Dijon
- 2-3 tablespoons water
- sea salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- 1 12-oz package kelp noodles may substitute with zucchini noodles (4 small zucchini)
- 2 cups broccoli florets, bite sized
- 1 scallion chopped fine
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- parsley Chopped flat leaf Italian, for garnish (optional)
- Cut the avocado in half lengthwise and remove the pit. Scoop out the flesh with a spoon and place the avocado, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, capers, and Dijon mustard in the bowl of a food processor or blender.
- Blend the mixture until smooth, adding the water as needed to achieve a thick, creamy consistency. Season the dressing to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place the kelp noodles in a mixing bowl along with the broccoli florets and scallion. Add the dressing and toss the noodles to coat them thoroughly. (If substituting with zucchini, using a vegetable peeler or spiralizer, cut the zucchini into ribbons. Place them in a mixing bowl and drizzle sauce over them. Mix the zucchini ribbons very gently.)
- Adjust the seasoning if needed and serve immediately with a generous sprinkling of hemp seeds and chopped parsley.
Variations: Add shredded carrot or julienned sweet red pepper for extra color and crunch. Add a pinch of cayenne or ground chipotle for a spicy kick.
Adapted from http://macrobiotic.about.com/od/sidedishes/r/kelp-noodles-creamy-avocado-dressing.htm, March 2014.