- 1 3.5-4 pound chicken
- 1 lemon quartered lengthwise, divided
- 1 handful fresh thyme about 12 sprigs
- 1 clove garlic peeled, whole (optional or as tolerated)
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat over to 375 degrees F.
- Remove any giblets from the cavity of the chicken and discard. Thoroughly dry the chicken with paper towels. Place chicken breast-side up in a large roasting pan.
- Place 3 lemon quarters, the thyme sprigs and garlic in the cavity. Tie legs together with kitchen twine.
- Rub salt and pepper all over the outside of the chicken. Tuck wing tips up and under the neck part of the body.
- Roast for about 1 hour and 20 minutes, or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F (inserting thermometer in the thickest part of the thigh, not hitting any bone).
- Remove from oven and let chicken rest for about 15 minutes.
- Take the remaining lemon wedge and squeeze the juice all over the bird before carving. You can also sprinkle with some more fresh chopped thyme, if you like. Serve.
From Delicious as it Looks at http://www.deliciousasitlooks.com/2014/09/marvelous-roasted-chicken.html, author Dianne B.