- 1 pound ground turkey
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper de-seeded, deveined, and diced
- 1 (8 oz) can water chestnuts sliced or diced, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger finely grated
- 2 baby bok choy washed and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons tamari
- 2 tablespoons grated carrot optional
- 1 head iceberg lettuce or boston lettuce, washed, leaves separated to form cups, gently dried, and refrigerated to maintain crispness
- Heat a medium to large skillet over medium heat. Add the sesame oil, olive oil, and ground turkey. Cook, stirring frequently, for 3-5 minutes, or until the turkey is browned and almost cooked through.
- Add the red pepper and water chestnuts and cook for another minute.
- Add ginger, garlic, bok choy, tamari, and remaining sesame oil, and cook for another minute stirring gently. Turn off the heat and garnish with grated carrot.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer turkey mixture into a serving bowl.
- Spoon turkey mixture into chilled lettuce cups and enjoy.
Adapted from Well Balanced at http://blog.katescarlata.com/2011/09/14/asian-chicken-lettuce-wraps/, author Kate Scarlata, 2011.