|Cook Time||20 minutes|
- 8 fresh sage leaves
- 8 chicken tenders
- 8 slices bacon nitrate-free and unsweetened or honey-sweetened
- 1/2 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- Place a sage leaf on top of a chicken tender and wrap with a bacon slice to hold it in place. Do this with all 8 chicken tenders.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet on the stove top over medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken tenders to the skillet with the sage side down, and cook for about 6 minutes or until the bacon is browned.
- Flip the chicken tenders over and cook for an additional 6 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked completely through (internal temperature should reach 165 degrees F).
- Remove from the pan and set on a wire rack overtop a baking sheet to drain excess fat if desired, or serve immediately.