|Prep Time||20 minutes|
|Cook Time||1 hour 35 minutes|
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small zucchini finely diced
- 1 red bell pepper finely diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper finely diced
- 1/2 teaspoon Red pepper flakes
- black pepper
- 1 large egg lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon thyme finely chopped, fresh
- 1/4 cup parsley chopped, fresh
- 1 1/2 pounds turkey ground
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese or Romano, freshly grated
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Heat the oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Add the zucchini, bell peppers, and 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes. Season with salt and pepper and cook until the vegetables are almost soft, about 5 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Whisk the egg and fresh herbs together in a large bowl. Add the turkey, almond flour, grated cheese, 1/2 cup ketchup, 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, and the cooled vegetables. Mix until just combined.
- Gently press the mixture into a 9x5 inch loaf pan. Whisk the remaining 1/4 cup ketchup, 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar, and 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes in a small bowl. Brush the mixture over the entire loaf. Bake for 1 to 1 1/4 hours, or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees. Let rest for 10 minutes before slicing.