- Cut the red peppers in half, remove the stem and seeds.
- Place the red peppers on a baking sheet with the cut side facing down.
- Preheat the oven to 450F and then change it to broil.
- Place the baking sheet on the top shelf in the oven and broil until the outer layer of the skin has blackened, about 10-20 minutes.
- Place the peppers in a zip-lock bag or other sealable container, seal and let them cool until you can handle them, about 20 minutes.
- Remove the skins from the peppers. The skins should easily "pinch" off.
Recipe and featured image from http://www.closetcooking.com/2007/05/how-to-oven-roast-red-peppers.html, retrieved Jan. 2011.