- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper for seasoning chicken
- 1 tablespoon high-heat oil
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Place a large skillet over medium-high heat, allow a few minutes to heat thoroughly.
- Sprinkle both sides of the chicken pieces with salt and pepper. Add oil to pan and once the oil is very hot, add chicken to the pan. Brown chicken breasts for 3 to 5 minutes on each side, until a golden crust forms.
- Place chicken breasts in a baking dish and put in preheated oven to roast 8-15 minutes, or until internal temperature of the meat reaches 165° F when measured with an instant-read meat thermometer.
- Meanwhile, deglaze the pan with the chicken stock, scraping off any browned bits and cooking until the stock has reduced by about 1/2. Then whisk in the apricot jam and cook 2-3 minutes (the sauce doesn't need to be completely smooth.) Whisk in the Dijon mustard.
- Put the chicken breast into the pan with the sauce, and turn them several times to coat with sauce, then cook about 2 minutes more. Serve hot with the flavorful sauce spooned over.