Chia seeds create a creamy consistency in this fruit-sweetened pudding, and provide steady energy to fuel your morning. This can easily be made with other fruits if peaches aren’t available, and is delicious made with blueberries, strawberries, cherries or mangoes. Frozen fruit can also be used in place of fresh- just be sure to thaw it before blending.
|Prep Time||10 minutes, plus 2-8 hours for chilling|
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1 1/2 cups almond milk , or coconut milk
- 3 large peaches , pitted and quartered
- 1 tablespoon coconut butter , or extra virgin coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- Place chia seeds in a clean, dry, 1-quart jar with a tight-fitting lid and set aside.
- Put almond milk, peaches, coconut butter, vanilla, and cinnamon in an upright blender. Blend on high speed for at least one minute or until completely smooth.
- Pour half of the mixture into the jar with the chia seeds, tighten lid, and shake well, making sure no chia seeds stick to the bottom.
- Add remaining peach mixture, tighten lid, and shake until chia seeds are evenly distributed.
- Place in the fridge and chill for 2 hours or overnight. It’s ready when the mixture has thickened and is thoroughly chilled.
- Serve topped with additional sliced peaches if desired.
Adapted from At Home in the Whole Foods Kitchen by Amy Chaplin