|Prep Time||30 minutes|
|Cook Time||1 hour|
- 1 cup rice flour
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup safflower , or canola oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup raw cashews , or almonds (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup , or rice syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 cups pears , peeled and sliced
- Mix flour and salt in a bowl. Add oil and 1/4 cup maple syrup and mix well. Stir in nuts and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine water, 2 tablespoons syrup and vanilla and set aside.
- Slice fruit and place in a lightly oiled pie pan or an 8 x 8' baking dish. Pour liquid mixture over the fruit and toss gentle.
- Spoon the flour-nut mixture evenly over the top of the fruit.
- Cover and bake for 45 minutes. Uncover and bake 15 minutes more to brown the topping.
Recipe adapted from David Ingalls MS, RD. Seattle Healing Arts Center.