|Prep Time||5 minutes|
|Cook Time||25 minutes|
- 1/2 cup quinoa , rinsed
- 1 cup milk , coconut, almond, or soy
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 dash cinnamon
- 1 dash salt
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- 1 tablespoon pecans , toasted and coarsely chopped
- In a small saucepan, bring the quinoa, milk, vanilla, cinnamon, salt, and maple syrup to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer until thick and tender, about 25 minutes.
- Optional step- using an immersion blender, blend quinoa until it's broken down and smooth, but still a little textured. Add more milk if needed.
- Mix in blueberries, remove from heat and top with the pecans and any additional toppings.
Recipe adapted from http://www.closetcooking.com/2008/02/quinoa-porridge.html, retrieved March 2012.