|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||15 to 20 minutes|
- 3 to 4 green onions ends trimmed
- 1 large handful fresh cilantro
- 1 to 2 teaspoons lemon zest (optional)
- 1 teaspoon Herbamare
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 to 1 1/2 pounds wild salmon skinned and deboned
- 1 cup quinoa cooked
- 1 tablespoon high-heat oil
- Using a food processor fitted with the "s" blade process the green onions, cilantro, lemon zest, Herbamare, and black pepper until it is finely minced.
- Add the salmon and quinoa and process again until desired consistency. I like to have a few little chunks of salmon still left. You might want to pulse it until you get the consistency you want.
- Form into patties and place onto a plate. Heat a large 10-inch skillet over medium to medium-high heat. Add a tablespoon or so of oil and allow to heat. Place three patties at a time into skillet. If your pan is hot it should only take 2 to 3 minutes per side to cook. If your pan is not quite heated it will take about 5 minutes per side and they may stick a little.
Recipe from http://www.nourishingmeals.com/2010/01/quinoa-salmon-burgers-gluten-free-egg.html retrieved Sept. 2011.