- 1 1/2 cups almond meal
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup Medjool dates pitted, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup optional
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups cashews , soaked in water for 1 hour
- 1 to 2 cups frozen strawberries
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup liquid coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- To make the crust, in a large bowl combine almond meal and salt. Add chopped dates to bowl and blend using your hands.
- Press the dough into the bottom of an 8" pie pan, pressing some at least halfway up the sides of the pan. Place in refrigerator while making the filling.
- To make the filling, combine the zest, lemon juice, cashews, strawberries, water, coconut oil, and vanilla in a high speed blender. Blend until smooth.
- Remove crust from refrigerator. Scoop filling onto the crust. Place back into refrigerator for 1 to 2 hours to firm up the filling.
Recipe adapted from Ani’s Raw Food Desserts by Any Phyo. Da Capo Press, 2009.