|Prep Time||15 minutes|
- 1 1/2 cups sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup dried coconut , shredded
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- stevia , to taste
- Place the almonds and pumpkin seeds in a food processor fitted with the “S” blade. Pulse a few times until the nuts and seeds are chunky but not whole. Set the nuts and seeds aside.
- Place the sunflower seeds and coconut oil in the food processor. Process until the sunflower seeds form a butter. You will need to stop the food processor multiple times to scrape down the sides of the processor. This will take at least ten minutes. Tip: If you have a nut or seed butter you want to use instead, go for it. About a half cup should be fine, just be cautious.
- Add the spices, vanilla, and stevia to the butter. Process until well combined. Taste and add more as desired. You want the butter to be slightly sweeter than you like so that when you add the other ingredients it becomes the right level of sweetness for you.
- Place the chopped nuts and seeds and coconut in a bowl. Add the seed butter and stir well. The mixture should be thick and clumping together.
- Line a small, shallow 8x8 dish with baking paper. Spoon the mixture into the dish and spread it out evenly with a spatula.
- Freeze for one hour. Cut into bars and wrap into individual portions. Freeze and enjoy!
Recipe from http://www.caseylorraine.com/2011/03/raw-food-bar-recipe-sugar-free-raw-and-vegan/, retrieved May 2012.