|Prep Time||20 minutes|
|Cook Time||45 minutes|
- 1 medium to large spaghetti squash
- sea salt
- 2 pints grape tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic grated
- 1/4 cup butter
- 20 leaves fresh basil roughly chopped
- 1 cup Romano cheese grated
- Preheat the oven to 375 degree F.
- Cut spaghetti squash in half, remove seeds, and place cut side down on a cookie sheet filled with an inch of water. Bake at 375 for 30 minutes. Remove squash from oven and let cool (this step can be done ahead of time).
- Place butter in a 9x13 pan and set in oven while it heats to 400 degrees F. Once heated, remoe the pan and add the tomatoes and garlic. Stir to coat with butter, then sprinkle salt on top. Roast until the tomatoes begin to burst (10-15 minutes). Remove from oven and carefully smash tomatoes with a fork.
- Gently fold in spaghetti squash, basil, and cheese. Add salt to taste.
Fat: 19 g
Protein: 9 g
Carbohydrates: 10 g
Calcium: 386 mg
Iron: 1 mg
Adapted from http://eatnourishing.com/recipe/roasted-tomato-and-basil-casserole-gaps/. Accessed 4/29/15.