|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||20 minutes|
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 medium-large onions chopped
- 8-9 large cloves garlic thinly sliced
- 8 medium zucchini chopped (or yellow squash)
- 5 cups mineral broth or water
- 1 tablespoon thyme minced (optional)
- 1/2 lemon fresh, juiced
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- In a soup pot over medium heat, saute the onions with a pinch of sea salt in olive oil for 3-4 minutes until the onions are translucent.
- Add the chopped squash and saute until it begins to wilt and release liquid, approximately 5 minutes. Add the broth or water and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce the heat, and simmer until the squash is soft.
- Turn off the heat and add the dill. Puree the soup in a blender or directly in the pot with an immersion blender for a smooth texture. For a chunky soup, puree about 1/4 of the soup in a blender until smooth, then add back to the pot. Season with lemon juice, additional sea salt, and black pepper to taste. Garnish with fresh chopped herbs.
Adapted from The Nourishing Cleanse Workbook by Hale Sofia Schatz. Copyright 2008.