- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds raw
- 3 tablespoons dark sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 pound fresh spinach soaked in water to clean, drained, excess water squeezed out, large stems removed and discarded, leaves roughly chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 tablespoon coconut aminos
- Heat a large skillet on medium high. Add raw sesame seeds and use a spatula or wooden spoon to stir. The seeds may make a popping noise and jump up, almost like popcorn. They will toast very quickly, so stir constantly until they begin to brown and smell like they are toasted. Remove from pan into a separate bowl as soon as they are done.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the sesame oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Once the oil is hot, add the garlic. As soon as the garlic begins to sizzle, add the spinach and cook, stirring occasionally, until the spinach is completely wilted. Turn the heat to low.
- Stir in the honey and coconut aminos. Remove from the heat. Serve hot, warm, room temperature, or cold. Drizzle with the remaining sesame oil and sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds.
Recipe from http://simplyrecipes.com/recipes/spinach_with_sesame_and_garlic/, retrieved March 2011.