- 1-2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced (1 CHO)
- 100 grams leeks thinly sliced (0.5 CHO)
- 25 grams ginger grated (0.5 CHO)
- 100 grams carrots sliced (4 CHO)
- 1 tablespoon lemongrass sliced
- 1/2 cube chicken stock (1 CHO)
- 1/4 teaspoon curry paste
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (3 CHO)
- 1/2 teaspoon tamari or liquid Bragg's
- 60 gram pre-cooked chicken sliced or shredded
- 1/4 slice lime squeezed
- Heat sauce pan on stove over medium heat. Add oil and saute garlic, leeks, and ginger until just soft and fragrant, about 5 minutes.
- Add carrots, lemongrass, stock cube, and curry paste. Mix well then add water, coconut milk, and tamari and bring to a simmer. Cook until the carrots are just tender and add chicken.
- Bring back to a simmer to heat chicken through, about 3 minutes. Pour soup into a bowl and finish with a squeeze of lime juice.
Note: Cooking for the family? Use the same ingredients in a larger soup pot. Your favorite noodles or brown rice can easily be added to the Thai soup for everyone else to enjoy!
Carbohydrates: 10 grams
Protein: 1 serving