|Prep Time||20 minutes|
|Cook Time||2-2.5 hours|
- 2 pounds boneless lamb shoulder cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 medium potatoes sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 2 medium onions sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 2 stalks celery sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 4 medium carrots peeled and sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a large Dutch oven or covered casserole, layer the ingredients in the following order: lamb cubes, sliced potato, sliced onions, sliced celery, sliced carrots, sprinkling each layer with salt, pepper, and thyme.
- Add the water to the pot, cover, and slowly bring to a boil over medium-low heat.
- Let simmer for 5 minutes, then transfer the pot to the oven and bake, without lifting the lid or stirring, for 2 to 2 1/2 hours or until the lamb is tender.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley, stir very gently to mix (the potatoes will be very soft) and serve.
Recipe from http://www.fullersedinburg.com/recipes/irish_stew.htm.