Starkel Nutrition, located in the University District of Seattle, WA, is looking for a reliable, flexible, and compassionate RDN or CN to counsel clients. We are a small clinic with three other nutritionists/counselors and value a warm, compassionate, friendly environment. We are located in a wonderful, sunny, windowed space (with a great view) on a floor dedicated to health practitioners and other small businesses. We enjoy working together and each other’s company.
We are interested in someone who is willing and eager to grow their client base, network in the community, continue learning and evolving their nutrition knowledge and counseling skills.
- Coordinator/nutritionist for Metabolic Reset and Weight Loss Program
- Nutritional counseling
Create a thriving practice within a well-established and well-known (9 years) clinic with excellent connections in the medical community. You’ll take over an already-established client base temporarily for someone on maternity leave, and build your own. Your responsibilities include excellent client care and follow up, charting using our electronic charting system, coordinating care with other healthcare practitioners and participating in clinic marketing and practice-building activities. In addition, you will help build new programs with the team.
We highly recommend specialty areas of focus (preferred–have additional training or willing to get it):
- Metabolic issues
- Functional medicine nutrition
- GI issues
- Autoimmune issues
- Emotional eating
Will consider specialties in the following areas:
- Eating disorders
- Disordered eating
- Mindful eating
We highly encourage applicants who are interested in developing programs, giving talks, managing cleanses, etc.
Metabolic Reset and Weight Loss Program Coordinator
Starkel Nutrition created the Metabolic Reset and Weight Loss Program, a supervised, ketosis-based weight loss program. In this personalized program, we focus on blood sugar management, food allergy identification, mental health counseling and consistent support in order to ensure safe and effective weight loss in a caring environment. Our approach recognizes that each person has a different relationship with food, and that certain foods are more nourishing for our bodies than others. We also understand that meaningful weight loss takes time, and is the result of deep personal growth, and sustainable lifestyle changes, and is more about health and life changes than about the number on the scale. With this program, clients receive the support and tools they need in order to reach their healthy weight, and to trust their ability to maintain it for life. Focus for clients includes weight loss as well as maintenance, food allergy/sensitivity identification, management of diabetes/blood sugar, polycystic ovary syndrome, hypothyroidism, high blood pressure, food addiction, and emotional eating. Additionally you will take measurements including blood pressure, body measurements with measuring tape, weight, body fat and lean body mass percentage for tracking at appointments.
- Counsel clients and guide them through this program
- Ability to triage clients who are not well-matched for this program to nutritional or mental health counseling or mindful eating work (other practitioners in office)
- Manage content for the MetReset.com website (blogs, events, etc) with help of our Admin and Marketing Assistant
- Manage monthly evening Support Group meetings on site (one Wednesday/month)
- Manage monthly evening Free Info Session meetings on site (one Wednesday/month)
- Daily electronic chart note writing
- Attend continuing education events/online to increase nutrition knowledge
Currently, clients are scheduled Tuesday – Saturday and are in a weekly routine. We are flexible with regards to appointment scheduling within limits as long as clients are accommodated and it works within the office with the other staff.
- Master’s degree or bachelor’s with experience
- Credentialed RDN or CN (or will be soon)
- Credentialed with insurance companies (or in process, or willing to do – we will help with that process)
- Additional education in counseling (please outline on resume)
- Understanding of or training in Health at Every Size (or interest in)
- Continuing education in nutrition for cancer or other specialty listed above
- History of working with people and enjoying it
- Proven counseling skills in difficult situations (please describe this in your cover letter)
- Somewhat flexible schedule
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Mature, poised, empathetic, and optimistic
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent references
Starting early April (part-time paid hourly for training) and full-time shortly after that.
Compensation is commission-based, a percentage of intake, once payment from client/insurance is received. Your percentage is based upon experience and client load and will increase over time. Must be comfortable and financially able to support the ebbs and flows of private practice.
- Vacation/sick pay
- Federal holidays paid
- Health insurance covered after 3 months with company
- Dental insurance provided at discounted rate
Interested individuals should look over our websites (www.starkelnutrition.com and www.metreset.com) and submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Interviews will begin immediately.
In your cover letter, please indicate why you are passionate about this work, and why you would be a good fit for our team. Please be specific about your strengths and weaknesses, past experiences, and future goals. We look forward to hearing from you!