|Prep Time||30 minutes|
|Cook Time||4 hours|
- 2 tablespoons brown rice flour
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 packets sazon seasoning (about 2 teaspoons)
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 center-cut, bone-in pork chops (about 2 1/2 pounds)
- 1 cup tomatoes, diced
- 1 pound potatoes, peeled and sliced into 1-inch rounds
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon red or white wine vinegar
- Combine the flour, cumin, sazon, 1 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of pepper in a large bowl.
- Season the pork chops on both sides with some of the seasoned flour, then transfer to a 6-quart slow cooker.
- Add the tomatoes, potatoes, onion, bell pepper, 1/4 cup cilantro, the garlic and bay leaves to the bowl with the remaining seasoned flour and toss.
- Pour the vegetables over the pork chops.
- Cover and cook on high, 4 hours.
- Transfer the pork chops to a platter.
- Skim off the fat from the cooking liquid and discard the bay leaves.
- Stir the vinegar and the remaining 2 tablespoons cilantro into the slow cooker then season with salt and pepper.
- Serve the pork chops with the vegetables and cooking liquid.