- 1 pound chicken breast , cut into bite sized pieces
- 3 cloves fresh garlic , grated and split among chicken and vegetables
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger , grated and split among chicken and vegetables
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce , split among chicken and vegetables
- 1 tablespoon cooking sherry or other Chinese cooking wine
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp cornstarch , or arrowroot powder split among chicken and vegetables
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil , or other high-heat oil
- 1 carrot , sliced
- 1 cup green beans cleaned, trimmed and cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 green onions sliced, with white parts separate from green
- 1/4 teaspoon Red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 handful toasted cashews
- Marinate the chicken in 1 tsp garlic, 1 tsp ginger, 1 tbsp soy sauce, cooking wine and 1 tsp cornstarch at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- Heat 1 tbsp of the high-heat oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and saute until just cooked, about 3 minutes and set aside.
- Heat the second tablespoon of oil in the pan. Add the carrots, green beans, white parts of the green onions, remaining garlic and ginger and the red pepper flakes and saute for 3 minutes.
- Mix the remaining corn starch into the chicken stock and add to the vegetables along with the remaining soy sauce.
- Add the chicken and simmer until the sauce thickens, a few minutes.
- Remove from heat and mix in the sesame oil.
- Serve over brown rice and garnish with cashews and the green parts of the green onions.