- 5 pounds boneless pork shoulder
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Ground pepper
- 1 pint low sodium chicken broth
- Cut roast in half or to fit your slow cooker. Combine spices and rub into each piece of meat, then place in slow cooker. Pour broth over meat.
- Set slow cooker to low and cover. Cook for 6 to 8 hours, or until the roast is fork tender. Limit peeking beneath the lid, to maintain heat.
- When done, remove the roast to a cutting board. Shred with two forks or chop fine with a cleaver.
- Serve with warm corn tortillas, avocado slices, chopped cilantro and salsa.