- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped shallots (app. 2 medium)
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon sage
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- Sea salt to taste
- 1/2 cup halved red grapes optional
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped basil
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Combine chicken stock with quinoa in a 3-4 qt. saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 12-15 minutes until tender. Remove from heat and let rest 10- 15 minutes.
- Heat 1 tablespoon butter and 1 tablespoon olive oil in an 8"-10" sauté pan over medium heat. Add pecans and toast them, stirring frequently until lightly browned and fragrant, 6-8 minutes. Add shallot, carrot, celery, and garlic and continue to cook until softened, 3-4 minutes more. Stir in thyme, sage, coriander, and salt. Remove from heat and stir in cooked quinoa and 1 tablespoon butter, mixing until combined.
- Fold in grapes and basil, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to an oiled casserole or baking dish, cover, and bake at 375°F for 30- 35 minutes.