- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs (or almond meal for gluten-free)
- 1 egg , lightly beaten
- 4 pork chops boneless
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup pumpkin butter (*ingredients and recipe follow)
- 2 cups pumpkin puree
- 1 cup brown sugar or maple syrup
- 1/2 cup apple cider
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- Pulse the pecans and bread crumbs in a food processor. In a bowl, whisk the egg. Season the pork chops with the salt and pepper.
- Dip the pork chops in the egg then press the pork chops in the pecan mixture.
- Heat the oil in a sauté pan on medium. Add the pork chops and saute until just cooked all the way through and golden brown on both sides, about 3-4 minutes per side, or until internal temperature of the meat reaches 155-160F when measured with an instant-read meat thermometer.
- Serve the pork chops with pumpkin butter (instructions below).
- Combine all ingredients in a small sauce pan and bring to simmer. Simmer everything in a pot until most of the liquid has evaporated and the sauce has thickened.