|Prep Time||20 minutes|
|Cook Time||40 minutes|
- 1 pound porterhouse steak, thinly sliced
- 1 head broccoli, cut into small florets
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 celery stalks, thinly sliced in half lengthwise
- 2 cups snow peas, sliced in half lengthwise
- 1/2 cup fresh or canned bamboo shoots, rinsed and julienned if fresh, boil for 30 minutes first
- 8 water chestnuts, thinly sliced
- 4 cups thinly sliced button mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon Chinese rice wine
- pinch white pepper
- pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- Combine all the marinade ingredients in a bowl and add the beef. Allow to marinate for at least 20 minutes.
- Blanch the broccoli in a large pot of boiling water for 30 seconds then drain and set aside.
- In a preheated wok or deep skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the peanut oil. Add the beef and stir fry until the color has changed then remove and set aside.
- Wipe out the wok or skillet with paper towels (being careful not to burn yourself). In the clean wok/deep pan, heat the remaining oil.
- Stir fry the onion for 1 minute then add the celery and broccoli and stir fry for another 2 minutes.
- Add the bamboo shoots, water chestnuts and mushrooms and saute for 1 minute. Then add the beef and season with the oyster sauce and salt. Serve alongside rice, noodles, any other preferred grain or alone.