|Prep Time||20 minutes|
- 1 bunch Tuscan kale ribs removed and roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 medium carrot finely grated (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 crisp apple cored, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup sliced raw almonds
- 3 tablespoons oil-cured olives pitted, halved (about 9 olives)
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds optional
- black pepper freshly ground
- In a medium bowl, combine the kale with the olive oil. Sprinkle with salt. Using your hands, massage the kale until the olive oil is coating the leaves and they begin to wilt, about 1 minute.
- In a small bowl, whisk the lemon juice with the cumin and turmeric. Add the mixture to the kale and continue to massage the leaves until well combined.
- Add the carrot, apple, raisins, almonds, olive and hemp seeds, if using, and toss until just combined. Season with salt and pepper. Let the salad rest for 10 minutes, then serve.
Recipe from http://www.purewow.com/entry_detail/recipe/1669/A-no-cook-kale-salad-from-a-Manhattan-health-coach.htm, retrieved May 2012.