In this time of commonly experienced uncertainty over what the next days and weeks are going to look like in Seattle, as one of the epicenters of the COVID-19, our clinic would like to extend our support, knowledge and resources to our clients and readers.
Your health as clients is our top priority. We are closely monitoring all COVID-19 news, announcements and developments, and are communicating daily amidst ourselves about what we can continue to do to provide the best service, while keeping our community healthy.
What We Are Doing
Currently, we are still open and taking clients in our office. To prevent or minimize the spread of COVID-19 in our community, we are implementing the following in our offices to keep everyone safe:
- Wiping all our surfaces, including keys, doorknobs and frequently touched objects with antibacterial solutions, be it Lysol, 99% alcohol or chlorine, all of which kill the virus.
- Our air filters are on and working full-time to process the air in the office and help contain airborne particles.
- We have purchased a diffuser and have loaded it with Ravintsara, an essential oil that is well-known for its powerful antiviral and antiseptic qualities. It helps prevent virus’ spread while strengthening the immune system.
- Our practitioners and administration are following a strict hand washing and cough/sneeze etiquette.
- We have hand sanitizer on hand, for both practitioners and clients.
- During in-person appointments, our practitioners are maintaining the recommended distance of 6 to 10 feet and are avoiding any touch.
- We are converting many appointments to Telehealth appointments to keep both providers and clients safe. These are covered by your insurance.
- We are nutritional counselors and are trained to help our clients manage stress and life balance in general. As nutrition and emotional health are closely tied, we are able to help navigate this crisis with you to improve your ultimate health outcome.
Where We Need Your Help
Keeping Yourself and Others Safe with Telehealth Appointments
The CDC and many other health organizations recommend frequent hand washing, avoiding touching your face and social distancing as primary methods of slowing the virus’ spread.
We ask that you please convert your appointment to Telehealth if you are experiencing ANY symptoms, be it a tickle in your throat or a full blown fever and cough. We ask for your help in keeping you, our providers and the general public safe. If you have any symptoms at all, please stay home – we are happy to still see you and support you virtually.
We will do the same on our end. In case one of our nutritionists feels under the weather, we will convert your appointment to a Telehealth appointment. In fact, some of our nutritionists who are with children at home due to school closures may be converting to Telehealth already.
Where can you do a Telehealth appointment? Anywhere you wish! You can do it at home, you can do it in your car, you can do with your kids around – the options are endless. All you need is a smartphone, a tablet or a computer.
Telehealth is not only convenient and easy, it is also a safe alternative if you or your loved ones are among the vulnerable population. Our admin staff is trained and happy to help get you set up so you can be a Telehealth pro in no time! For more benefits of Telehealth appointments, please read our blog post here.
Support Your Small Businesses
As you may know, COVID-19 has had a detrimental impact on local businesses, especially those in the service industry. We too are a small business, and it is through the services, product sales and knowledge we provide that we are able to continue operating. We completely support the efforts you need to take to protect yourself and your loved ones. However, we also ask you to be considerate of us and our business and respect our day-to-day operations and cancellation policy.
We ask that you, please:
- Convert your appointment to Telehealth, if you are at all concerned about coming into the office, being in public, or interacting with others.
- Abide by our late cancellation policy of 48 business hours notice for any changes/cancellations. We are happy to convert your appointment to Telehealth at the last minute. Please respect our providers time and avoid no-shows/last minute cancellations.
Our ultimate goal as functional medicine practitioners is to provide you, our clients, with whole life/whole body tools to support your health. During this stressful and uncertain time, we are happy to be a part of your support network, as that can boost your immune system too!
Please see our blog, written fairly recently which is still relevant. In addition, we have recommendations for you to help your immune system stay strong during this time. If you are interested in our Antiviral Kit, you can read more about it here and contact our office to get one for you and/or your family. We can also mail these directly to your home.
Schedule an appointment with us, whether in person or online, and let us be in your corner at this time when health support is crucial for us all. We are all in this together and we look forward to being health practitioners you can rely on.
For the most up-to-date statistics: https://ncov2019.live/
For financial aid & assistance: https://svdpseattle.org/get-help/
For determining the difference between flu, allergies and coronavirus: https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/11/health/coronavirus-cold-allergies-flu-difference-symptoms-wellness-trnd/index.html