- 1 medium roasted butternut squash peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 3 cups homemade stock
- 2 teaspoons dried sage
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon garlic-infused olive oil
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons scallions green part, sliced
- Place roasted, peeled, and cubed squash into stock pot with herbs, seasonings, and oil.
- Simmer with stock for 10 minutes.
- Add ingredients to a blender and puree until smooth.
- Top with pumpkin seeds and scallions.
*Great served with roasted chicken breast.
Fat: 9 g
Protein: 7 g
Carbs: 15 g
Calcium: 45 mg
Iron: 1 mg
Recipe adapted from www.bastyr.edu, retrieved 4/22/15